Man stopped for tail light issue, charged with 7th drunken driving offense | Crime
Police said a 51-year-old man was charged with a seventh operating while intoxicated after a traffic stop for faulty equipment Saturday.
The Janesville Police Department said an officer stopped Christopher G. Sartell, of Janesville, on Blackbridge Road at Sousa Court at 12:13 a.m. for a defective tail lamp. The officer said Sartell's speech was slurred and he showed signs of impairment.
Sartell was taken to Mercy Hospital for a blood draw. Results of the test were unknown Saturday morning, according to the report.
Police said Sartell has six prior convictions for drunken driving but had a valid driver's license at the time of the traffic stop.
Sartell was admitted to the hospital on a police hold, according to the department.
Sartell was arrested on suspicion of seventh-offense OWI.
Upcoming Events near Rock County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Only two more performances of "Gypsy" from The Oregon Straw Hat Players
- Witness info helps police nab suspected pipe thieves
- Review: Restaurant offers generously portioned brisket sandwich
- District teachers' workshop draws instructors from across state
- Village officials look for solution to past flooding